Friday, September 13, 2013

Planting YOUR Garden - how to get results

PLANTING YOUR GARDEN



We are a society of people who want immediate gratification for the work we do... we don't want to wait to see, we want NOW. The reality of any business is that a good business relationship or a new client takes time to create - rarely does a partnership happen within minutes of meeting. It is important that we look at the building of our businesses as something that takes time and not expect immediate results. Many amazing people before me have likened this to planting a garden.

Planting our business garden is a long process. Basically we reaching out to people (plant our seeds of information) and then wait for some people (our flowers) to get started (bloom).



Here is the analogy: Just because you buy soil, seeds, and fertilizer and put them in a pile in your back yard doesn't mean you have a garden and have done the work! Our Gardens require hard work, mixing of soils, proper placement, specific treatment for each different seed... these things don't take care of themselves! And even then, you aren't done! Then you must tend to your garden on a regular basis! Pull some weeds, water, watch for threats and they need protection. Then one day your seed has sprouted and when you least expect it, your flower has bloomed and your hard work has paid off.



What this means: You can't occasionally buy/generate leads, occasionally send some emails, and occasionally give some presentations and expect people to sign up and have a successful business. You need to be consistent. You need to get quality leads and treat them with quality care. You need to make a strong number of presentations EACH and EVERY day that you want results. You must follow up in regular intervals with the people to let them know the opportunity is still there, and then you must wait. The hard work you do today might not have results for months... but the results will come.



When it comes to recruiting you also need to train and remain available if you want your garden to stay successful and beautiful. If you stop caring for your garden the moment it blooms then your success will be short lived... continue to nurture your hard work: have a solid training method, offer support, find information and share it. And support the gardening of your friends and business partners. 

I am a gardener with a company called AmeriPlan. I am a small business owner and am so fortunate to chose the people I work with. Tending my garden was not something I was successful at until I discovered the Law of Averages and put the numbers to work for me. Now I tend my garden daily and my flowers are the most amazing and beautiful blooms I have ever seen. 

For more information about my company, please visit: JessicaBurr.com



I dedicate this blog post to my beautiful garden! Lowell, Fig, Nicole, Brandi, Wendy, Tiffany, Tre, Andrea, Quentin, and Jody. I also dedicate this to my gardeners: Robb, Tyler, and Susan.

No comments:

Post a Comment